The first couple times I made this recipe i barely changed it all. But when we moved from Baltimore to Asheville my mini muffin tin got lost in the move. Mark kept asking for the cookies cups so I was forced to rethink the process. Most of the ingredients are the same but these treats have gone through a bit of a transformation. They are still as tasty as ever!
- ¾ cup smooth almond butter**
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons organic coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Superfine Blanched Almond Flour
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup smooth almond butter
- 1 tbps coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the cookies, starting with the dry ingredients
- Scoop the dough into small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Flatten them into disc and make a small intent on the tops for the filling. I like to use a 1/2 teaspoon
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes
- While the cookies bake, put the chocolate chips and almond butter, coconut oil in a microwavable glass bowl and microwave in 25 second increments, stirring after each one, until melted and smooth.
- Spoon the filling on the top of the cookies. Don’t be sky! The chocolate will harden a bit once they cool leaving a lovely ganache.