Anyone whose done even a little bit of gluten-free baking knows that it can be a challenge to get the consistency right. Combine a bunch of tasty ingredients and the flavor is bound to be yummy, but consistency is a whole different can of worms.
These muffins (adapted from this recipe from Paleo Running Momma) NAIL IT on consistency. Something about the zucchini mimics the moist deliciousness of gluten-filled muffin. I hope you make these and give me your honest opinion if you agree!!
What you need:
- 2 eggs, room temp
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 6 Tbsp almond butter
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini (2-3 med) water squeezed out with paper towel before folding in
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup frozen beets
- 6 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 and ½ cups Bob’s Redmill Paleo Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Toppings: 1/2 cup fresh / dried blueberries, chocolate chips, raisins, etc
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Cream together all the wet ingredients and add them to the blender. Blitz for a few seconds until combined. I like to start with the eggs, almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla. Once combined I add the zucchini and after that I add the ACV and finally the beets. Honestly though, it all ends up getting pulverized together so I’m not sure it makes much difference 🙂
- Add the dry ingredients to the blender except for the toppings.
- Once the batter is blended stir in your toppings. We like to use dried wild blueberries from Trader Joe’s
- Pour mixture into mini / regular sized muffin liners and bake for about 25 minutes