Mini doughnuts are the new mini muffin. Here’s why. 1) They’re the perfect size for toddler’s little hands. 2) Virtually no crumbs 3) They’re tiny and cute
Parents: If you don’t have a mold, order one on amazon immediately. We got this silicone one from Amazon and it’s great, but I highly recommend doubling down and ordering 2. This particular mold only makes 12 bite-sized donuts which disappear extremely fast. I usually end up having too much batter and making muffins as well. Which brings me to my next point, this recipe also works in muffin form if you don’t have / want a donut mold.
We adapted this recipe from the original cinnamon bun breakfast doughnut by Big Man’s World. It’s a great recipe and just make some minor tweaks.
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour (gluten free oats ground into a flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup almond / coconut milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 T drippy almond butter (can sub for any nut butter)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- Large handful (about 1 cup) fresh chopped kale
Glaze: 1/4 cup chocolate chips & 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Combine all the wet ingredients in the blender (except for the kale) and blitz for 30seconds until well blended.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Once mixed add the dry ingredients to the blender as well.
- Lastly add the kale to the blender and blitz. The batter should look chocolatey and no green bits should be visible.
- Scoop the batter into your mold or muffin liners and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- To glaze: combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds until they are melted. Dip donuts / muffins in the glaze and allow to harden in the fridge. Top with sprinkles if you’re feeling fancy 🙂