There is a little gluten free bakery in Baltimore called Harmony Bakery that makes the most delicious morning glory muffins. This little number is our attempt to recreate the morning glory goodness. The list of ingredients started out obnoxiously long, but over time we’ve simplified it down to the bare essentials (it’s still a long list, sorry!) and still think it’s mighty fine! They make a nice big batch that should last a week.
PS if you don’t have a muffin pan handy just put the batter into a bread tin lined with parchment paper and make a nice morning glory instead.
What you need…
- 1 teaspoon flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (we use bob’s red mill paleo flour, but brown rice or oat flour will also do)
- ½ cup super fine almond flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- ¾ cup coconut oil oil / ghee
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 apple—cored and grated
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl combine all the wet ingredients
- Slowing add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until they are thoroughly blended into a nice consistent batter. It should be full of texture with all the grated fruit and veg, but no dry lumps!
- Spoon the batter into your muffin tin and bake for 45 mins at 375F
- Allow to cool and ENJOY!