There are so many reasons to obsess over macadamia nuts!! They’re great for heart health, brain health and bone health. Macadamia nuts are also high in healthy fats which means they keep you fuller longer. Plus they taste amazing and are softer and less dense than other nuts, making them great for raw treats.
We adapted this recipe for macadamia nut energy bites and always try to keep them in the freezer for a quick healthy snack or treat.
- 1/2 cup raw lightly salted macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup dried coconut (finely shredded, unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup hemp
- 1/4 cup flax
- 2 Table spoons chia
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional, add more to up the sweetness)
- 4 medjool dates (pitted)
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- Throw all the ingredients in a high powered blender (we use a vitamix) or food processor and blitz on high.
- Form the batter into small balls. An ice cream scooper works really well! Place on a nice flat surface lined with parchment paper.
- If you can wait, put the balls into the freezer for at least 30 mins to harden
- Enjoy. Store in the freezer until ready to eat.