No childhood would be complete without graham crackers. There is something simple and wholesome about the little cinnamon squares we all grew up loving. I found this recipe for healthy homemade graham cracker on Pinterest and (as usual) made a few tweaks…
- 2 cups super fine almond flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour / flax
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tablespoon local honey
- 1 large egg temperature
Preheat oven to 400F
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well making sure to get rid of all the lumps
- Combine all wet ingredients in a small bowl. If coconut oil is solidified it helps to warm it in the microwave for 20 seconds or so.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients
- Put a piece of parchment paper on a large flat surface.
- Spoon your graham mixture onto the parchment paper
- Roll into a thin sheet using a rolling pin
- Cut grooves into the sheet to allow the crackers to break more easily.
- You can also use the fork to make little holes to make them look like genuine graham crackers (optional)
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and break the crackers into little squares.
- Switch your oven to low broil and put the crackers back into for 1-2 minutes to crisp them up. Watch closely so they don’t burn!