This recipe has stood the test of time. The original comes from the Leon Cookbook which we purchased in London nearly 10 years ago. Over time we’ve simplified it down to a super basic salad full of healthy greens that everyone always loves. When we have company over or are asked to bring something for a potluck it’s always the one we choose because it compliments almost any meal and is packed with nutritious deliciousness. Plus it’s a great way to get kids to eat their veggies!!!
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 avocado ripe (but not mushy!)
- 1 cup of peas / edamame (we use frozen)
- 1 lemon
- splash of EVOO
- pinch of salt
- Prep the broccoli by cutting off the stem and place it a large pot of boiling water. This is where a good kettle comes in handy! Blanch by cooking it for 2-3 minutes. Add frozen peas to the boiling water for 1 minute to allow them to defrost.
- Take the broccoli and peas off the heat and drain the water. Rinse under cold water for 1 minute and set them aside in a large salad bowl. Allow to cool.
- Prep the cucumber by cutting into large chunks. We like to peel off the skin as well, but leave it on if that’s your preference. Cut the avocado into chunks as well
- When the broccoli and peas have cooled add the cucumber & avocado to the bowl.
- Add the juice of a lemon, EVOO and some salt and toss gently.
- Voila! Leave in the fridge until ready to eat 🙂