These roasted carrots are more popular than candy in our house! Since we started feeding Joel solids carrots have been one of his favorite foods. They’re a great starter food for little ones because they have a natural sweetness. Plus when roasted they’re super soft and easy to grab and chew. When you have a family to feed cooking should be as easy as possible. We’re all about embracing simple ingredients and it doesn’t get easier than this recipe. Try them for the big and little people in your life today.
- Carrots – 1 bag of baby carrots / a bunch of large carrots peeled and cut into small discs
- 2 tablespoons high quality cooking oil (we love coconut oil / macadamia nut oil / avocado oil). Avoid EVOO when cooking at high temperatures**
- Pinch of salt
- teaspoon cumin / cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Prep the carrots and toss in cooking oil and sprinkle with spices
- Pop them in the oven for about 35-40 minutes. Shake every 10-15 minutes to avoid charring
- Allow to cool and enjoy as a snack, side or incorporate in a cozy salad / veg bowl!