When it comes to treats nothing beats a good brownie. Am I right? These raw vegan cashew butter brownies will give you all the warm and fuzzies of a decadent sweet fix without any of the guilt. Watch out, they’re addictive. Original recipe comes from Marlien Wright’s, The Yoga Kitchen, a beautiful cookbook full of so many yummy recipes. Grab our slightly simplified version of the cashew butter brownies here:
- 1 cup medjool dates (pitted)
- 3/4 cup cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Throw all the ingredients in the blender
- Blitz on high until smooth
- Scoop mixture onto a sheet of parchment paper. Smooth it out until you have a nice solid rectangle of brownie batter.
- Pop it in the freezer for at least 30 minutes
- Remove from the freezer and cut into bite sized squares.