I’ve been dreaming about making savory waffles for a while now. We are definitely a salty / veggie loving family and it seems crazy to me that it took so long to try this out. This recipe is proof that dreams do come true and should always involve stacks of waffles! Check it out:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 red onion (grated or finely chopped)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil + 1 more for frying
- 1/2 cup of gluten free flour. I love the one from Trader Joe’s
- 1 tablespoon flax
- 1 tablespoon chia
- pinch of salt
- Lightly fry the onion and carrot in some coconut oil
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a mixing jug except the carrot and onion.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients adding the carrot and onion mixture last
- Pour the batter into the blender or food processor and blitz for a few sec
- Cook waffles in waffle maker! They should fluff up into beautiful Belgium style waffles in a few minutes. Stack on a plate and enjoy, Freeze any you dont consume immediately and pop in the toaster for another day!