In the summer months bananas get super ripe SO FAST! This recipe is a great way to use up the bananas. It makes for a nice nutritious breakfast that is such a treat! We’ve been really into waffles lately because they freeze well and reheat easily in the microwave! This one is a batch-cookers dream come true 🙂
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup pb / almond butter
- 1/4 cup oat milk
- 1/4 cup flax
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup / honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons hemp
- 1 Tablespoon chia
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to the blender (except choc chips) and blitz well until you have a nice smooth batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips if using them.
- Spoon batter on your waffle maker and cook until golden brown on the outside. they will puff up quite a lot so be mindful not to overfill your waffle maker.
- If making as a bread pour all the batter into a bread pan and bake for about 1 hr until cooked through.