This is one of those salads that seems like a lot of work because it requires a bit of extra for ingredients to roast and marinate, but is actually super simple to prep. The best part is that if you make a big batch it holds up well in the fridge for a few days unlike so many salads that tend to get soggy if not eaten right away.
- 1/2 head of purple cabbage (hand-shredded)
- 1/2 red onion (hand-shredded)
- 1 bulb of fennel (hand-shredded)
- 7-8 roasted beets (chopped into large chunks)
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil (avocado oil / coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
For the dressing / veggie marinade
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- Prep the beets: Peel, chop and toss in macadamia nut oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Roast beets in the oven for 45 mins at 420F
- Prep the raw veggies: cabbage, onion and fennel
- Combine in a large bowl
- Toss with the dressing
- Marinade the raw veggies for at least 2 hours
- Add the beets to bowl with the veggies
- Stir it all up! Enjoy!