When it comes to getting kids to eat lots of veggies sometimes it’s as easy as how they’re cut! Turn any root veg into fry and suddenly it’s a treat! My theory is that when veggies are roasted in the fry shape they get extra crispy and that texture is highly appealing to people of all ages. The fry shape is also easy for little hands making it super empowering for little people to grab and enjoy. The Trader Joe’s crinkle cut butternut fries tick all the boxes. They are so easy to prep and cook quickly making them the perfect side or snack! Warning: do not expect leftovers. These tend to get gobbled up!
- 1 large butternut / Trader Joe’s Crinkle Cut Butternut Fries
- 2 Tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Chop the butternut or buy pre-chopped. The Trader Joes crinkle cut fries (pictured) are a great easy hack if you hate the process of peeling and cutting a butternut! It’s a faff!
- Coat the butternut pieces in macadamia nut oil and sprinkle with salt. Spread them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Pop them in the oven for 25-30 mins. Will need longer if your butternut is not cut into small fries. Toss them about halfway through to avoid too much charring.