Everybody needs a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe in their repertoire. I’m a little ashamed it’s taken me so long to come up with one good enough to share with the world, but (finally) here it is….and this one won’t disappoint!
- 1/2 cup almond butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons local honey / maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a bowl adding the eggs last. You may need to microwave the coconut oil for 15 seconds if it’s clumpy. This will also help it mix with the almond butter.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl (except the choc chips)
- Stir the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients
- Now add the chocolate chips – this is always Joel’s job!
- Scoop the cookie dough into small balls and spread evenly on a cookie sheet. I find it helps to grease hands with a little bit of coconut oil before handling the dough. If you’re using honey it will be sticky!
- Bake for about 10 minutes! Smash them down a bit midway through to flatten if needed!
- Allow to cool and enjoy!