This yummy chicken and rice soup is the ultimate one-pot recipe. It’s full of so many nourishing ingredients and it’s all your body needs on a cold day!! Don’t be intimidated by the long list of ingredients – it’s actually super easy to throw together. Plus, thanks to the magic of the instant-pot, if you don’t have a certain ingredient just leave it out or sub for something else and your almost guaranteed for it to still be delish!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or ghee
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 3-4 stalks of celery (chopped)
- 4 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2-3 parsnips (peeked and chopped)
- 4-5 garlic cloves minced / 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1.5 pounds chicken thighs boneless & skinless
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 4 cups bone broth
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Turn on the instant pot and put it in “sauté” mode. First add the oil. Next add onions, garlic and celery. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken and seasoning and sauté for a few minutes until the outside starts to turn white. Add the parsnips and carrots and sauté for another minute.
- Turn the instant pot off. Add rice and liquids and stir. Close lid, set valve to “sealing” position. Press “manual” or “pressure cook” button and make sure it is set to “high pressure.” Set timer to 15 minutes.
- Allow to depressurize naturally or quick release if you’re in a hurry. Remove the bay leaf and serve up!